Last night SI (Security Innovation) released the public beta of the product I have been working for the past 7 months. It is called TeamMentor (TM) and it is a web based tool to create and distribute security knowledge.
There are lots that I want to talk about this project (specially since O2 was used for its development and there is product is a great case study of the power of O2 when used as a developer-helping tool). Also, SI is more than happy for me to talk about the internals of TM, how it evolved and its architecture (which is a rare thing in product companies)
So to kick start this, here are the main links:
- you can try it online here (login details below):
- http://....:90 - with the OWASP Top 10 Library (with 244 Guidance Items)
- http://....:91 - with the SI Library (with 3365 Guidance Items)
- if you want to run TM locally you can download the latest binaries and source code from:
OWASP Library - TeamMentor Beta (Tuesday, November 01, 2011).zip
- this is hosted at https://github.com/SecurityInnovation/TeamMentor-3.0-beta/downloads which also contains a download for the TM version with the SI Library which is password protected (ping me if you want the pwd))
- note that the TM OWASP Top 10 Library is released under a Creative Commons license and it is available here: https://github.com/SecurityInnovation/OWASP-TeamMentor-Library
- Here is the maling list which you can join to receive the lastest news or to ask questions: https://groups.google.com/a/securityinnovation.com/group/teammentor
Here are the login details (note that the editor role change change all content, so try to be gentle with the version online :) )
- Administrator - admin/changeme
- Reader - Reader/changeme
- Editor - Editor/changeme
- Developer - Developer/changeme
- Launch the server but runing either the "Start NET35.bat" file or the "Start NET4.bat" file ( use the one that works for you).
- Give it a couple of seconds to load. An icon in the system tray should appear, indicating that the "Cassandra" server is running.
- Please, note that the "Cassandra" server does not bind to external interfaces by default, so it will only be available on the local machine when started from the bundled scripts.
- Open the site. A web browser should open automatically on the main page.
- The page might have to be refreshed if the server does not load quickly enough
- The home page will either http://localhost:12345 or http://localhost:12346
- Login to the application with one of the pre-defined user accounts (listed above)
Let me know what you think of TM :)