UPDATE (Jan/13): See PoC - Selenium - Gui with 3 Hijacked Browser Windows.h2 post for a much better and powerful way to consume Chrome (and IE and Firefox) in another process
UPDATE (Jun/12): After this post was written I was able to use CefSharp to consume Chrome natively in C#:
- Running Chrome inside O2
- Video: Installing and running CefSharp (C# Chrome with WPF Browser)
- Video: Running Chrome Natively in O2 and VisualStudio
I did some research on some alternatives to IE's WebBrowser control and here are some interesting options:
- CefSharp ...Net binding for the Chromium Embedded Framework...
- Berkelium ...provides off-screen browser rendering via Google's open source Chromium web browser...
- berkelium-sharp ...Managed wrapper for the Berkelium embedded browser library..
- open-webkit-sharp ...GTLite Navigator An open-source WebKit web browser...
- Chromium ...open-source projects behind the Google Chrome browser and Google Chrome OS...
- Awesomium - ...Web Browser Framework ... (Commercial and Indie License)
- Mono WebBrowser
Here are some StackOverflow threads:
- Use chrome as browser in C#?
- Replacing .NET WebBrowser control with a better browser, like Chrome?
- Is there an embeddable Webkit component for Windows / C# development?
I really would like to start consuming Chrome and Firefox's engines in O2 :)