The idea is to create a Security Innovation TeamMentor Partner Program aimed at Application Security Consultants (for example security companies providing PenTesting/Code-Review services just like the SI's team)
The terms of the program are:
- Partner gets use of TeamMentor + SI Library for free in exchange for being a reference
- Partner gets use of TeamMentor for delivering their assessment results to customers
- Partner can hyperlink into TeamMentor's SI Library articles in their assessment results
- The results and hyperlinked articles (both SI Library and internally created) can be accessed indefinitely
- SI Library must NOT be made publicly available (i.e. on an TM instance with anonymous reading enabled)
- TeamMentor with OWASP library (and Partner created content) can be provided and linked publicly
- When delivering results, partner can grant access to their customer to the TeamMentor + SI library for 14 days
- If Partner’s customer buys TeamMentor, Partner gets 10% referral fee as incentive
- Partner can become a TeamMentor reseller if they desire, with standard reseller terms and conditions (40% commision)
- The Parter can change and customize TeamMentor's Interface/GUI, but not to the extent where TeamMentor/SI brand are no longer present
- If white-labeling of content is desired, a full TeamMentor License needs to be purchased
So if you look at TeamMentor's Pricing model this is basically SI saying to its Partner: '...here is an 10k TeamMentor license, in exchange for your public use of it and exposure to your customers...' . Which sounds like a good win-win situation to me :)
- 0) Free. Get OWASP version for evaluation and non-commercial use (available at GitHub)
1) Standard Sell. Pay for SI version
2) Sell + Services. Pay for SI version + services to customize that version by selecting the exact content needed, whittling the library down to what's most relevant
3) Sell + Extended Services. #3 + article creation/modification
So what do you think of this?
Does it make sense?
Anything that should be changed?