These guys from UK's Gov, just released a set of
10 Design Principles which are absolutely spot on:
- Start with needs*
- Do less
- Design with data
- Do the hard work to make it simple
- Iterate. Then iterate again.
- Build for inclusion
- Understand context
- Build digital services, not websites
- Be consistent, not uniform
- Make things open: it makes things better
This is a roadmap for a lot of things, in fact, the more I look at it, the more I feel that this is the kind of focus that OWASP should have.
And so should the O2 Platform and TeamMentor
My favorite is #4 : Do the hard work to make it Simple... Making something look simple is easy; making something simple to use is much harder — especially when the underlying systems are complex ..."