- Everything You’ll Ever Need To Know About Gamification
- Real Gamification Mechanics Require Simplicity And, Yes, Game Designers Can Do It
And although he calls this (below) an overheated extrapolation, I think it is quite good:
In the gamification universe,
- a site is not a site, it’s an opportunity to engage with a user through a journey.
- a reward is not a reward, it’s a way of maintaining a complex conversation with your users.
- a level is not a level, it’s a symbol of status within a community that develops into a powerful relationship with your brand.