- have you use Git? and GitHub?
- what is your development toolset?
- IDE Extensions
- Custom Scripts (in what language)
- what is your preferred way to write Unit tests for C# code (on the backend)?
- what is your preferred way to write Unit tests for C# code (for webservices)?
- have you written browser automation? if so using what Browser automation API? (Selenium, Watin, Watir, Cucumber)
- have you written a DSL (Domain Specific language)?
- what are your views on jslint vs jshint?
- have you used/set-up a CI environment like the one provided by TeamCity
- have you used SAST tools? (Security static analysis)
- have you used DAST tools? (Security dynamic analysis)
- have you used AOP before, namely PostSharp? (If so, to do what?)
- what are your favourite technologic and programming books?
- have you used the O2 Platform?
- have you used NodeJS? (if so what do you think of it?)
- what do you think of file-based XML databases (like the one used by TeamMentor)
- do you have secure-coding skills?
- on fixing security vulns (which ones?)
- on finding security vulns (what type?)
- in exploiting security vulns (what was the exploit scenario?)
- have you fuzzed a unit-test? (how?)
Thursday, 7 February 2013
First batch of questions for .NET Developer contracting work
Regarding the Two 6-months contract to work on TeamMentor (QA and Dev) here is my first batch of questions to the candidates: