Of course that this workflow could be automated using a script, but I hope that the video below helps to explain how it is actually works, and how windows are hijacked from one process into another:
- Two Videos showing TeamMentor Eclipse Plugin integration with Fortify Eclipse Plugin (as shown in HP Protect 2013 conference)
- Injecting Fortify Eclipse Plug-in Views into Notepad and WebInspect (and key difference between Fortify content and TeamMentor content)
- Injecting HP Fortify Eclipse Plug-in Views into HP’s WebInspect UI
- Opening up a native Chrome Browser window inside Eclipse (raw version)
- http://blog.diniscruz.com/search/label/WinAPI - 20+ blog posts on the 'Window Handle Hijacking techinque'