Short bio (Nov 2013)
- Dinis Cruz is a Developer and Application Security Engineer focused on how to develop secure applications. A key drive is on 'Automating Application Security Knowledge and Workflows' which is the main concept behind the OWASP O2 Platform.
After many years (and multiple roles) Dinis is still very active at OWASP, currently leading the O2 Platform project and helping out other projects and initiatives.
After failing to scale his own security knowledge, learned Git, created security vulnerabilities in code published to production servers, delivered training to developers, and building multiple CI (Continuous Integration) environments; Dinis had the epiphany that the key to application security is "Secure Continuous Delivery: Developer’s Immediate Connection to What They’re Creating". This 'Immediate Connection/Feedback' concept is deep rooted in the development of the O2 Platform, and is something that will keep Dinis busy for many years.
- Skype: DinisCruz
- Email: dinis.cruz @ owasp.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DinisCruz
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/diniscruz
Media quotes and interviews:
- April 2013: Infosec 2013: A lack of security development and technology transparency harms users (SC Magazine)
- Oct 2007: Security, .NET, and the OWASP Project (Dr.Dobbs)
- Feb 2007: NxtGenUG Interview
If you need a photo of me in action, here are a couple from the last OWASP Summit: